- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wine if desired, oregano, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in shrimp and parsley. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet for Two
Sort By :
Very easy to prepare. I ate it like soup and it was very good.
Very tasty. Had a friend over for dinner Saturday and served this. We about licked our plates! Great with crusty bread for dipping.
This is a very tasty shirimp dish. I would be very good with crusty bread. I didn't have any bread, so I served it with a side of rice, which was delicious. Very fragrant, nice looking and easy dish to prepare. Will try it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >