Feta 'n' Chive Muffins Recipe
This is a “spring” variation on a savory muffin my husband has made for years. It has a light texture almost like a popover and tastes best eaten hot right from the oven. —Angela Buchanan, Boulder, Colorado
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the feta cheese and chives.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Feta 'n' Chive Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC