Feta 'n' Chive Muffins
This is a “spring” variation on a savory muffin my husband has made for years. It has a light texture almost like a popover and tastes best eaten hot right from the oven. —Angela Buchanan, Boulder, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the feta cheese and
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.