- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients; set aside. For
- burgers, place oil, wine, vinegar, thyme, rosemary and garlic in a
- food processor; cover and process until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine oil mixture, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble
- beef and lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°
- and juices run clear. Serve burgers on pita breads with tomato
- mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger with 3/4 cup topping and 1 pita bread equals 698 calories, 40 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,691 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.