Feta & Tomato-Topped Greek Burgers Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground lamb
- 6 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients; set aside. For burgers, place oil, wine, vinegar, thyme, rosemary and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine oil mixture, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble beef and lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 3. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve burgers on pita breads with tomato mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger with 3/4 cup topping and 1 pita bread equals 698 calories, 40 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,691 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Feta & Tomato-Topped Greek Burgers
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.