Festive Tossed Salad
I STILL do a lot of cooking even though the numbers have changed. I owe my discovery of this salad to my sister-in-law, a Louisiana native and a fabulous cook.
It's always a hit with everyone—pretty to serve, adaptable to any number and tasty, too. —Ruby Williams
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- 2 to 3 cups torn salad greens
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. In a
- salad bowl, toss the greens, celery, carrot, onions and oranges. Add
- dressing and toss to coat; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 243 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.