This is a delightful salad that has a wonderful blend of flavors. It has a crunchy texture and looks good, too, with its variety of colors.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook and stir walnuts in butter until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the sugar, pepper and salt.
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, cranberries, cheese and walnuts.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Drizzle desired amount over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Festive Tossed Salad in Country December/January 2001, p49
Reviews for Festive Tossed Salad with Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review