Festive Tossed Salad with Feta Recipe
"I like to serve this when we're having company because it's quick, easy and goes with just about anything," writes Kate Hilts of Fort Wainwright, Alaska. Dried cranberries and feta cheese add a delightful touch to the colorful salad that's a snap to toss together with packaged greens.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) Italian-blend salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, water and salad dressing mix; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, onion, cheese and cranberries. Serve with dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Festive Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p13
Reviews for Festive Tossed Salad with Feta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
We make this at Christmas. It's a tasteful, colorful addition to the table. It really is delicious!