Festive Tossed Salad
"I like to serve this when we're having company because it's quick, easy and goes with just about anything," writes Kate Hilts of Fort Wainwright, Alaska. Dried cranberries and feta cheese add a delightful touch to the colorful salad that's a snap to toss together with packaged greens.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) Italian-blend salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, water
- and salad dressing mix; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine
- the greens, tomatoes, onion, cheese and cranberries. Serve with
- dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.