Festive Tea Sandwiches Recipe
These delicate sandwiches were the memorable first course at a Victorian tea we held for the ladies of our congregation. A spread that combines mayonnaise, pecans and cranberries is the perfect complement of the chicken.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices bread, crusts removed
- 16 to 24 thin slices cooked chicken
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients; spread on one side of each slice of bread. Layer half the slices with chicken and lettuce. Top with remaining bread. Cut into quarters or decorative shapes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (4 each) equals 181 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC