Festive Tea Sandwiches
These delicate sandwiches were the memorable first course at a Victorian tea we held for the ladies of our congregation. A spread that combines mayonnaise, pecans and cranberries is the perfect complement of the chicken.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices bread, crusts removed
- 16 to 24 thin slices cooked chicken
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Combine the first five ingredients; spread on one side of each slice
- of bread. Layer half the slices with chicken and lettuce. Top with
- remaining bread. Cut into quarters or decorative shapes. Yield: 8
Editor's Note: Chive butter may be used in place of the cranberry mayonnaise. Beat 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper until fluffy; stir in 2 tablespoons minced chives.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 181 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.