Festive Sugar Cubes Recipe
The Western theme at our son Scott's wedding to Tammie was carried right down to the sugar cubes! I decorated the cute cubes with icing in the shape of horseshoes, cactus and cowboy hats and boots. Little details like this made their day even "sweeter".
- 2 teaspoons meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Food coloring of your choice
- Pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- Assorted small pastry tips
- 60 to 80 sugar cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine meringue powder and water. Beat on high speed until well mixed. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until the mixture is fluffy and soft peaks form. Tint icing with food coloring or divide in half and tint each portion.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert pastry tip. Fill bag with icing; pipe each sugar cube with a design. Let sugar cubes dry at room temperature for 8 hours or overnight before storing in airtight containers. Yield: 60-80 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 13 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Festive Sugar Cubes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC