Festive Spinach Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 3 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the salad dressing, orange juice, honey and paprika; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup salad with about 2 tablespoons dressing equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.