Baby spinach leaves get jazzed up with this simple, homemade salad dressing. Walnuts, bacon bits and pomegranate seeds make this attractive salad a regular on my holiday menus.—JoAnn Scannell, Dubuque, Iowa
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 3/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 3 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the salad dressing, orange juice, honey and paprika; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Festive Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p31
Reviews for Festive Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review