- 5-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, carrot, peppers and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Festive Slaw in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p28
Reviews for Festive Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2010
This slaw is delicious. I was looking for a light and healthy side dish to go with burgers and this fit the bill. Next time I will try it with sesame oil and plain peanuts for an asian flare. But believe me, it needs no tweaking!