These festive tarts always get rave reviews. I've made them well in advance and they're still party perfect later! Sheri Mosely Clermont, Florida
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into small strips
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the shrimp, onions, corn, celery, red pepper, capers, cilantro, garlic, chili powder and pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoonfuls filling into each tart shell.
- Place on baking sheets; bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until tops begin to brown. Top with green pepper strips. Serve warm. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Festive Shrimp Tarts in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p24
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Festive Shrimp Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review