Festive Scrambled Eggs
Every bit as quick as scrambled eggs are meant to be, this hearty dish with red pimientos and green parsley or chives is nice for hectic Christmas mornings.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or chives
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and 1 cup milk. Add the salt, pepper,
- pimientos and parsley. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining
- milk until smooth; stir into egg mixture. In a large skillet, melt
- butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium
- heat until the eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 629 calories, 63 g fat (36 g saturated fat), 568 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.