Festive Sausage Cups Recipe
When I used prepared pie crust for this recipe, it's even easier to form and fill these individual sausage cups. They are a savory and filling snack. Come Thanksgiving and Christmas, my family is especially delighted to see them. — Gail Watkins, South Bend, Indiana
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Chopped stuffed olives
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain well and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add mushrooms, sliced olives, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with flour. Add cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sausage. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, about 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Spoon into pastry cups; sprinkle with cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped olives. Serve hot. Yield: 4 dozen.
3 each: 326 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Festive Sausage Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC