Festive Sausage Cups Recipe
When I used prepared pie crust for this recipe, it's even easier to form and fill these individual sausage cups. They are a savory and filling snack. Come Thanksgiving and Christmas, my family is especially delighted to see them. Gail Watkins, South Bend, Indiana
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Chopped stuffed olives
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain well and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add mushrooms, sliced olives, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with flour. Add cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sausage. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, about 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon into pastry cups; sprinkle with cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped olives. Serve hot. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Festive Sausage Cups in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p27
Reviews for Festive Sausage Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2012
Its a great appetizer and not too difficult. The left-overs are good cold or warmed up for breakfast.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >