Festive Roast Pork Recipe
This main dish is easy to prepare and always gets rave reviews at the dinner table. See if your family likes it as much as mine does. I'm sure they will.
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- APRICOT SAUCE:
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons dry cooking sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large plastic bag or glass dish, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Add pork roast, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apricot sauce ingredients. Cook and stir until well mixed and heated through. Serve with roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC