Festive Rice Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine the rice, peas, red pepper, onions and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Festive Rice Salad
Sort By :
The family just raved over this dish.
I've made this salad several times and each time, I get raves. I just finished emailing the recipe to four different ladies who loved it at a pot luck last night. I followed the recipe exactly. This is a delicious recipe and perfect for a pot luck or dinner at home. I highly recommend it.
This salad is always the first to go,, it beats the brocolli salad... I even have men ask me for the recipe,,, I also add sugar snap peas for extra crunch...
Wonderful salad thanks so much~~~
Love this recipe,,, I also add chopped sugar snap peas,, substitute purple onion for the scallions.... Everyone wants the recipe,,, even the men...My salad is always the first to go...
I have made this several times in the past few weeks. Every I event I bring it to, the bowl is empty and I am asked for the recipe. I use brown rice, red wine vinegar and add other veggies, too. Thanks!