Festive Rice Medley Recipe
Vicki Zobal of Georgetown, Texas punches up the flavor and nutrition of this fast-fixing mainstay with fresh green cilantro and confetti-colored peppers.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the peppers in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the cilantro, onion, garlic and salt. Stir in the rice and paprika if desired. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup equals 130 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Festive Rice Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC