- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the peppers in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the cilantro, onion, garlic and salt. Stir in the rice and paprika if desired. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Festive Rice Medley
"I have been making this often since it first appeared in the magazine. I'm using brown rice now, for extra nutrition. It's a wonderful combination of flavors."
"This is one of my family's favorite sides. It's very easy. Sometimes I use long grain rice and I don't always have cilantro on hand but it's always yummy!"