Vicki Zobal of Georgetown, Texas punches up the flavor and nutrition of this fast-fixing mainstay with fresh green cilantro and confetti-colored peppers.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the peppers in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the cilantro, onion, garlic and salt. Stir in the rice and paprika if desired. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Festive Rice Medley in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p13
Reviews for Festive Rice Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review