Festive Rack of Lamb Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rack of lamb (1-1/2 pounds and 8 ribs), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Place the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat lamb in flour mixture. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb in butter for 2 minutes on each side. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Meanwhile, add the wine, lemon peel, garlic, rosemary and bay leaf to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- 4. Remove lamb from oven and loosely cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve sauce with lamb. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 rack of lamb (4 chops) equals 480 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 769 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Festive Rack of Lamb
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.