Festive Rack of Lamb Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rack of lamb (1-1/2 pounds and 8 ribs), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat lamb in flour mixture. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb in butter for 2 minutes on each side. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, add the wine, lemon peel, garlic, rosemary and bay leaf to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Remove lamb from oven and loosely cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve sauce with lamb. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Festive Rack of Lamb in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p57
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Festive Rack of Lamb
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >