Festive Pumpkin Dip
An unexpected use for pumpkin is in this creamy, zippy snack dip. It's a chunky, satisfying dip perfect for any time.Evelyn Kennell, Roanoke, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped dried beef
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian or pumpernickel bread, optional
- Fresh vegetables, crackers or corn chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, taco seasoning and garlic
- powder until smooth. Stir in beef, peppers and olives. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- If desired, just before serving, cut top off bread; scoop out bread
- from inside, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save the bread from inside to
- make croutons or bread crumbs or save for another use). Fill shell
- with cream cheese mixture. Serve with vegetables, crackers or corn
- chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.