Every member of my family (my husband and I have two grown sons and a grandson) likes creamy-type potato salads. So I make mine often for many occasions. It's usually partially eaten before I can even announce, "It's ready"!
- 8 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, marjoram and dill or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in tomatoes, peas and cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Festive Potato Salad in Country Woman November/December 1998, p29
Reviews for Festive Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2008
"We liked this salad on the day I made it..the left over salad was watery and lost the goodness of being a great salad"