Every member of my family (my husband and I have two grown sons and a grandson) likes creamy-type potato salads. So I make mine often for many occasions. It's usually partially eaten before I can even announce, "It's ready"!
- 8 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, marjoram and dill or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in tomatoes, peas and cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Festive Potato Salad in Country Woman November/December 1998, p29
Reviews for Festive Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review