Festive Pork Recipe
Slices of tender pork are dressed up in a tangy sauce in this quick recipe shared by Marilyn Paradis, a field editor from Woodburn, Oregon. "The pretty sauce gives the pork a mouthwatering yuletide touch."Marilyn Paradis, Woodburn, Oregon
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cut tenderloin into 12 slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown pork on both sides over medium heat in oil. Add 1/4 cup of beef broth; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Remove meat to a serving dish and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the cranberries, mustard and remaining broth. Combine orange juice concentrate and cornstarch until smooth; gradually add to broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Festive Pork in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Festive Pork(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2010
This meal was quick, easy, and incredibly tasty. My six year old said she could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >