Festive Pork Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Cut tenderloin into 12 slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown pork on both sides over medium heat in oil. Add 1/4 cup of beef broth; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Remove meat to a serving dish and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the cranberries, mustard and remaining broth. Combine orange juice concentrate and cornstarch until smooth; gradually add to broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 162 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit
Reviews for Festive Pork
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.