Festive Popcorn Bars
For a popcorn ball taste but with less fuss, try these bars. Adding peanut butter and M&M's makes them fun. They're a hit with all ages.
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 cups peanut M&M's
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- In a large greased bowl, combine the popcorn, cereal and M&M's; set
- aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar and
- butter. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Add
- peanut butter; stir until blended.
- Pour over popcorn mixture; toss gently to coat. Spread into a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.