Festive Peas and Onions Recipe
The first time I tried this recipe, my friend finished half of it while my back was turned! That was over 30 years ago, but the dish is just as popular today.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare onions according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a large bowl, combine the onions, peas, soup, 2 tablespoons pimientos and reserved cooking liquid; stir to coat. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining pimientos. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup: 131 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Festive Peas and Onions
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC