- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare onions according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a large bowl, combine the onions, peas, soup, 2 tablespoons pimientos and reserved cooking liquid; stir to coat. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining pimientos. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Festive Peas and Onions in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p29
Reviews for Festive Peas and Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review