Colorful and dressed up enough for Christmas, here's an easy-to-make salad that is wonderful all year-round. The green peas and red onion make it especially festive looking.
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup halved thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, onions and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mint, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour over pea mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Festive Pea Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p38
Reviews for Festive Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2012
Reviewed May. 8, 2009
"This is very good. I used light mayo and didn't add the mint - it seemed out of place. Next time I will chop the onions because even thinly sliced they're too strong. The bacon is a must."