Festive New York-Style Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted candies and chocolate syrup
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, walnuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine milk and lemon juice; add to cream cheese mixture just until blended.
- 3. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 4. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with candies and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without candies and chocolate syrup) equals 458 calories, 34 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Festive New York-Style Cheesecake
"great for Christmas!"
"Mistake?? 2 cups (16 ounces each) sour cream. Don't you mean 8 oz ea since 1 cup has 8 oz."
"a quart of sour cream for the topping??? Certainly doesn't sound right to me!"
"For a 10-inch springform pan, this is going to be a very small cheesecake! I would suggest doubling the filling in order to have a decently sized cake. I also think chocolate syrup would be too runny; a fudge sauce that is slightly warmed up has a thicker consistency and won't run down the sides of the cake."