My mother-in-law got this recipe from an Italian friend many years ago. I added the chocolate-nut crust. It is our very favorite dessert. —Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 1-1/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted candies and chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, walnuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine milk and lemon juice; add to cream cheese mixture just until blended.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with candies and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Festive Holiday Cheesecake in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2011, p76
Reviews for Festive New York-Style Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review