- With a pencil, draw five 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet. Spread a heaping
- tablespoonful of batter over each circle. Bake at 400° for 8-10
- minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool
- completely. Repeat with remaining batter, making 30 cookies.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove peel from one tangerine. Peel and
- seed remaining tangerines and place in a food processor. Add the
- cranberries, sugar and tangerine peel. Cover and process until
- chopped. Transfer to a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until
- thickened, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- For thyme cream, beat the cheese, yogurt, honey and thyme until
- thickened. Place one cookie on a small plate. Spread with 1
- tablespoon cranberry filling and 1 tablespoon thyme cream. Repeat
- layers twice. Repeat with remaining cookies, cranberry filling and
- thyme cream. Sprinkle with additional walnuts. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 Napoleon (calculated without additional walnuts) equals 655 calories, 42 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now