Festive Mint Sundaes
These sundaes are reminiscent of the special dessert served at ladies' club meetings I attended when we lived in Mississippi.—Carole Martin, Tallahassee, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 jar (8 ounces) green maraschino cherries, undrained
- Vanilla ice cream
- 18 mint Andes candies
- Place cherries with juice in a blender; cover and chop. Spoon ice
- cream into bowls; top with cherries. Place six mints in a small
- microwave-safe bowl; microwave just until melted; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the
- corner of a pastry or plastic bag; squeeze melted chocolate over
- sundaes. Garnish with remaining mints. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 135 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.