Festive Mint Jelly Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups packed fresh mint, crushed
- 7 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid pectin
- In a large saucepan, bring water and mint to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain, reserving 3-1/3 cups liquid (discard remaining liquid).
- In a Dutch oven, combine the sugar, lemon juice, food coloring and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil; cover and stir for 1 minute. Add pectin; return to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Skim off foam. Pour hot liquid into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 11 half-pints.
Reviews for Festive Mint Jelly(4)
Sort By :
very good! I'm making a second batch!
I really like that this recipe has no apple in it but I wish the mint flavor was stronger.
Followed directions to a tee and it worked out. For a stronger flavor you could add more mint. I used fresh lemon juice instead of bottled and my batch yeild was 8 1/2 half-pints.
I have made jelly for a long time. I think that when I make this mint jelly I will take all the liquid from the boiled mint leaves and reduce that to 3 1/3 cups which will intensify the mint flavor.