Festive Mint Cream Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- 8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.
- 3. Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze for until firm or overnight.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 391 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.