Festive Mint Cream Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- 8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.
- 3. Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze for until firm or overnight.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 391 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Festive Mint Cream Dessert
"I have made this recipe several times and it is always a hit. It is delicious as it is, but is easy to change up the flavors of ice cream and the garnishes depending on the occasion."
"Substitute 3 3/4 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs for chocolate cream filled sandwich cookies. Makes it not as sweet, but still delicious."
"YUM! We used semisweet chips, 7 cups ice cream, and 14 oz cookies, and those substitutions all worked fine. Great for St. Patrick's Day with green sprinkles on top!~ Theresa"
"This was really good if you like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Everyone liked it. Some said it was very sweet though."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.