Festive Mint Cream Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- 8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.
- 3. Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze for until firm or overnight.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 391 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Festive Mint Cream Dessert
"I have made this recipe several times and it is always a hit. It is delicious as it is, but is easy to change up the flavors of ice cream and the garnishes depending on the occasion."
"Substitute 3 3/4 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs for chocolate cream filled sandwich cookies. Makes it not as sweet, but still delicious."
"YUM! We used semisweet chips, 7 cups ice cream, and 14 oz cookies, and those substitutions all worked fine. Great for St. Patrick's Day with green sprinkles on top!~ Theresa"
"This was really good if you like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Everyone liked it. Some said it was very sweet though."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.