- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- 8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles, optional
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.
- In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.
- Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze for until firm or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Festive Mint Cream Dessert
Sort By :
I have made this recipe several times and it is always a hit. It is delicious as it is, but is easy to change up the flavors of ice cream and the garnishes depending on the occasion.
This is so good, I didn't, put the chocolate syrup on top, thought it had enough chocolate taste and just put a red cherry on top. Made a perfect Christmas Dessert.
Substitute 3 3/4 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs for chocolate cream filled sandwich cookies. Makes it not as sweet, but still delicious.
YUM! We used semisweet chips, 7 cups ice cream, and 14 oz cookies, and those substitutions all worked fine. Great for St. Patrick's Day with green sprinkles on top!
Everyone liked this so much for Christmas dessert last year, that it will be a yearly tradition!!!