Festive Ice Ring
Use this colorful, fruit-filled ice ring from our Test Kitchen to keep your favorite punch cold during a holiday party.
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 5 cups water, divided
- Assorted fruit (cranberries, cherries, orange and lemon slices)
- Mint sprigs
- Lightly coat a decorative tube cake pan or gelatin mold with cooking
- spray; add 1/2 cup of water. Arrange fruit and mint in pan as
- desired. Freeze until solid.
- Gently add remaining water; arrange more fruit and mint as desired.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- To unmold, wrap bottom of solidly frozen mold in a warm towel until
- loosened, or dip mold in a pan of warm water. Float ice ring, fruit
- side up, in a bowl of cold punch. Yield: 1 ice ring.
Editor’s Note: If preparation time for the ice ring is short, add all the water to the pan, the arrange the fruit on top. Freeze until solid.