- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Assorted candies
- Place an ungreased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and sugar until smooth; spoon over hot cheesecake and spread to cover. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until topping is just set.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of can. Garnish with candies. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Festive Holiday Cheesecake
"I love cheesecake! I made this for Christmas and my guests were disappointed. So was I. It looked pretty, but it just feel short on overall taste. There are way better recipes."
"Delicious recipe. I make it every year at Christmas for my hubby. I make just a couple changes. Instead of graham cracker crumbs, I use vanilla wafer crumbs. Instead of semi sweet chocolate chip, I use white chocolate chips. For the decorations, we use mini christmas M&Ms, more white chocolate chips and snowflake sprinkles (assorted colors). It's so pretty for Christmas and is absolutely DELICIOUS!"
"Made this for a family Christmas gathering. Wait to put the candies on top. Just used Christmas M&Ms on top. Good flavor and texture. Easy too make. Not overly sweet."
"You could also substitute red ,white and green morsels instead of the chocolate ones."
"This cheesecake has lovely flavor and you can so easily change up the color of the chips to match whatever holiday or event you want. There are so many colored chips out there now. They only complaints I have ever had about this is when I've used larger pieces of candy on top. Guests prefer crushed candy or no candy at all."