- remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface;
- knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a grease
- bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- For filling, combine nuts, brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; set
- aside. Punch dough down and divide into fourths. Roll one portion
- into a 12-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Brush with some butter; sprinkle
- with 2/3 cup filling. Roll up, jelly roll-style, staring with a
- long side; pinch to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet; shape
- top to form a cane. Repeat with remaining dough, filling and
- butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire
- Combine the first five glaze ingredients; drizzle stripes over
- loaves. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 4 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 218 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.