Festive Ham N Cheese Bread Sandwich Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Slice bread diagonally about every 1/2 in., not cutting all the way through bottom crust. Place loaf on a piece of foil large enough to wrap it completely.
- 2. Insert the cheese, ham and onion evenly between every other slice. Combine remaining ingredients; drizzle between slices and over top. Wrap foil tightly. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cut bread between unstuffed slices; serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Festive Ham N Cheese Bread Sandwich
"Made for family potluck so cut bread into slices before baking. Used colby-jack cheese instead of Monterey jack. Lots of compliments. It was a bit time consuming but very good."