Festive Ham N Cheese Bread Sandwich Recipe
This sandwich is sized right for a crowd or a family meal during the holidays, according to Dona Bass of Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland. "What's more, it's perfect for preparing ahead," she describes. "I just stuff the bread and store it in the refrigerator, then pop it in the oven right before our guests arrive."—Dona Bass, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Slice bread diagonally about every 1/2 in., not cutting all the way through bottom crust. Place loaf on a piece of foil large enough to wrap it completely.
- 2. Insert the cheese, ham and onion evenly between every other slice. Combine remaining ingredients; drizzle between slices and over top. Wrap foil tightly. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cut bread between unstuffed slices; serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC