Festive Ham Glaze
As long as I can remember, my favorite room's been the kitchen. My glaze dates back to shortly after my husband (of 23 years now) and I were married. My parents were visiting, I cooked a Sunday ham with this glazeand I've done it that same way from then on.
Since my husband made his career in the Air Force, we spent years in the city or living in close quarters. When he retired, we decid
10-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (5 to 8 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Place in a
- large baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over ham. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight, turning ham occasionally.
- Reserving glaze, remove ham to a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325° until
- thermometer registers 140° about 2-4 hours, brushing
- occasionally with glaze. Yield: 10-16 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer