Festive Ham Glaze
As long as I can remember, my favorite room's been the kitchen. My glaze dates back to shortly after my husband (of 23 years now) and I were married. My parents were visiting, I cooked a Sunday ham with this glaze—and I've done it that same way from then on.
Since my husband made his career in the Air Force, we spent years in the city or living in close quarters. When he retired, we deci
10-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (5 to 8 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Place in a
- large baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over ham. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight, turning ham occasionally.
- Reserving glaze, remove ham to a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325° until
- thermometer registers 140° about 2-4 hours, brushing
- occasionally with glaze. Yield: 10-16 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now