Festive Ham Glaze Recipe
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (5 to 8 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Place in a large baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over ham. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning ham occasionally.
- Reserving glaze, remove ham to a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325° until thermometer registers 140° about 2-4 hours, brushing occasionally with glaze. Yield: 10-16 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Festive Ham Glaze
Sort By :
My husband is SO PICKY and he raved about this glaze. It was very simple to prepare and was DELICIOUS. Basting the ham while it cooked gave it a great crusty, sweet glaze. I am going to try this on ham steaks tonight.
After reading all of the baked ham recipes I am so glad I picked this recipe.it is so good! I like the idea of marinating the ham I put it in a roasting bag so all the juices would stay in the bag and turning it often instead of putting the ham in a bowl. This baked ham recipe was so delicious. I will keep this one in my recipe box and make it again. So good and very moist so easy.
so easy and simple to make and by the way it taste GREAT
Loved this glaze! I think this will be our go to glaze for Christmas.
This glaze is delicious. Wonderful flavour. I used it on a spiral ham for Christmas dinner, and it was the best I've ever tasted. All the family raved about it too.