Festive Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Mexican stewed tomatoes or chunky salsa
- 1. Cut beans into 2-in. pieces; place in a saucepan. Add water and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Add the pepper, garlic powder and tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 35 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Festive Green Beans
"Tastes great & low carb!! I sometimes use frozen grean breans and / or regular stewed tomatoes."