This recipe can't be beat for a vegetable dish that sports the colors of the season and gets people coming back for seconds. This is a side dish my whole family enjoys. It is made with Mexican-style stewed tomatoes or salsa, it has zip.—Frances Janssen, Canyon Lake, Texas
- 1 pound fresh green beans or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Mexican stewed tomatoes or chunky salsa
- Cut beans into 2-in. pieces; place in a saucepan. Add water and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Add the pepper, garlic powder and tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Festive Green Beans in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p11
Reviews for Festive Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2010
"Tastes great & low carb!! I sometimes use frozen grean breans and / or regular stewed tomatoes."