Festive Fruity Salad
Here's a salad that won't remain on the dinnertime sidelines. Each time I serve it, it earns lots of compliments for being so colorful and refreshing.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium unpeeled red apples, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk and pineapple
- until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; add butter. Cool. In a bowl, combine the
- apples, grapes, pecans and cherries. Add dressing; stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 238 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.