Here's a salad that won't remain on the dinnertime sidelines. Each time I serve it, it earns lots of compliments for being so colorful and refreshing.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium unpeeled red apples, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk and pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; add butter. Cool. In a bowl, combine the apples, grapes, pecans and cherries. Add dressing; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Festive Fruit Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p28
Reviews for Festive Fruity Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review