- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium unpeeled red apples, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk and pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; add butter. Cool. In a bowl, combine the apples, grapes, pecans and cherries. Add dressing; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Festive Fruity Salad
Sort By :
Simple and refreshing fruit salad. Cooking the pineapple in the sauce gives it a delectable flavor. My family just loved it!
I meant to give this recipe 5 stars!
What a delicious fruit salad! We used Splenda and all red maraschino cherries. It has also kept well in the refrigerator for multiple days.