Festive Fruited Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced dried fruit (apricots, apples or plums)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking sods and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add fruit and orange peel. Stir in buttermilk until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently for 2-3 minutes. Shape into a ball. Roll into a 7-in. circle. Cut into 10 wedges; place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 10 scones.
Reviews for Festive Fruited Scones
Sort By :
"I added an icing sugar glaze to the top of my scones and used 1 cup of fresh strawberries instead of the cranberries. My boyfriend said that they may have been the best scones he has ever tasted. A definite recommend to make again."
"A nice tender scone but we would have liked them if they'd been just a little sweeter. And next time I'll probably double the amount of fruit too."